This work originally appeared in eight consecutive
installments in The Register of the Kentucky Historical Society between
January 1953 and October 1954. With permission of the Kentucky Historical
Society and the author, Seymour V. Connor, the eight articles have been
gathered together and reproduced in this present form.
Readers might note that an expanded version of this work
was published by the Texas State Historical Association in 1959 under the
title The Peters Colony of Texas. Since this later publication
contained very few revisions or additions of genealogical substance, this
edition was created as a more concise Register version.