R. L. Turner High School
Robert Leon Turner devoted 29 years of his life to education in Dallas
County. Turner, who also chaired the committee that wrote the original
charter for the city of Carrollton, served as superintendent of the
Carrollton-Farmers Branch ISD from 1945 until his death in 1962. Built in
1959, the school served as a junior high for three years until 1962, when
all of the districtís high school students were moved to the newly named R.
L. Turner High School The former
Carrollton High School then officially became known as
DeWitt Perry Junior High School.
Leading Our Youth Series:
Celebrities from R. L.
Turner High School